What is LIC2 form?
The license application (LIC2) must be completed if you are applying, renewing, or changing information for any license that uses this form.
Who should file LIC2 form?
1. Elevator Director/Inspector
2. High-pressure Boiler Operating Engineer
3. Hoisting Machine Operator (Class A)
4. Hoisting Machine Operator (Class B)
5. Hoisting Machine Operator (Class C) /
7. Master Fire Suppression Piping
8. Contractor* (with plate and seal) /
9. Certificate Only
10. Master Plumber* (with plate and seal) /
11. Certificate Only
12. Oil Burning Equipment Installer (with seal)
14. Sign Hanger - Master/Special
15. Site Safety Manager/Coordinator
16. Tower Crane Rigger
Is form accompanied by other documents?
Original application must be accompanied by the following:
Examination Score Report Form
Notarized Background Investigation Questionnaire
Experience Verification Forms
Social Security History of Earnings statement (non-certified)
Original Social Security Card,
Last Pay Stub or W2
Photo I.D. (Driver’s license, NYS non-driver’s ID, current passport or green card)
Proof of residence (utility bill) (cellular phone bill not accepted)
Three (3) current 2x2 photographs (passport size)
Completed typed license application (LIC-2)
When and Where do I send LIC2 form?
Mail renewals to: NYC Department of Buildings Licensing & Exams Unit 280 Broadway, 6th Floor New York, NY 10007